Methods of Payment Accepted
- American Express
- Interac Email Transfer
- You may also pre-purchase sessions on our website when you book online
- As your time is valuable to you, so is the time set aside for your appointment. It has been reserved specifically for you
- As a courtesy to the practitioner and fellow clients, we ask that you provide us with 24 hours notice of a change or cancellation or we do charge a fee for the visit
- Please be on time for your appointment. We endeavor to keep as close to our scheduled appointment times as possible, as all of our clients time is of considerable value.
- If you are late for your appointment then your treatment will still end at the scheduled time to prevent the next client's time from being affected. Full charge for the service will still be applied.
- No Shows or appointments cancelled with less than 2 hours notice will result in the full charge of the session being billed to you. Delinquent accounts will be refused future services until the unpaid balance is settled
A cold is a viral contagious disease that can easily be passed to your therapist or our other clients. In addition, receiving a massage when you are in an acute stage of illness is a general contraindication. Massage is intended to circulate your lymph and blood and can over stimulate your immune system and make you feel worse.
It is Kristine's policy that she will not work on anyone who is exhibiting cold or flu symptoms, or currently has an infection, for the health and wellness of herself and her other clients as the client coming into the office after you may have a compromised immune system.
We ask that if you have a cold, fever, the flu, infection or feel as though one is coming on, please contact Kristine as soon as possible to discuss whether it is appropriate for you to come in for your massage or whether it's best to reschedule.We will waive any late cancellation fee due to illness.
Clients who show up for appointments exhibiting symptoms of a cold or flu who have not consulted with Kristine prior to coming in will be charged for the appointment and sent home without treatment.
Please follow the guidelines below for rescheduling your treatment. This is for your well being as well as to prevent passing your illness on to your therapist and other clients.
Recommendations for getting a massage during illness:
If you have the flu, coughing, sneezing, fever, nauseous: you are contagious, stay in bed
If it is a bad cold: reschedule your massage and wait until post-acute stage
End of cold, no acute symptoms: Massage is okay
If you do need to re-schedule your appointment, please call us as soon as possible and we will be happy to re-schedule you when you are feeling better.
Any clients who make inappropriate comments, advances or who exhibit any behaviors that make the practitioner uncomfortable will be asked to leave immediately, whether or not the session has been completed. Full payment for the session will be applied and client will be refused future services.
Contraindications for Massage
Massage may not be suitable for everyone. If you are experiencing any of the following total contraindications, treatment cannot be given at this time:
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Under the influence of alcohol
- Acute rheumatoid arthritis
- Contagious infectious disease
- On-going cancer treatment (ask your oncologist if massage is right for your condition. If you have a doctor's note stating massage is ok it may be considered)
- Infectious skin diseases (ie: scabies or ringworm)
- Severe primary organ dysfunctions (ie: liver, lung or kidney disease)
- Under the influence of pain medication (prescribed or non-prescribed) Please take your pain medications after your treatment, not before.
If you are experiencing the following local contraindications massage may be given with the affected areas being avoided:
- Severe varicose veins
- Blood clots in the vascular system (thrombosis)
- Open sores or lesions
- Undiagnosed lumps and bumps
- Vein inflammation (phlebitis)