Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage focuses on realigning the deeper layers of muscles and connective tissues. It is especially helpful for releasing chronic tensions in problem areas such as shoulders, low back and neck that are a result of computer/smartphone use, poor posture or sports activities and injuries.
Some techniques that may be utilized during your session will include:
- Myofascial Release: gentle or moderate sustained pressure into fascial layers, focusing on the release of connective tissue
- Muscle Stripping: deep tissue manual therapy aimed at clearing out the adhesions (scar tissue) and elongating the muscles
- Trigger Point Therapy: sustained pressure into a hyperirritable spot within a muscle that is referring pain to another area of the body
- Swedish Massage: long, gliding, rhythmical strokes aimed at relaxing the nervous system and increasing circulation
- Myofascial cupping: a soft tissue therapy that encourages healing by creating a negative pressure or suction on the skin using plastic or glass cups that pull up underlying tissues, blood, and other fluids close to the surface of the skin.
- Breath Coaching
- Postural Awareness
Treatment will require active participation by the client to achieve the best results.
Deep Tissue Massage is available in 45-120 minute sessions.
As many of these techniques take time to effect a release in the tissues Kristine recommends 75-120 minute sessions over 45-60 minute sessions for clients who have either long-standing chronic issues or more than one treatment area.
45-60 minute sessions are designed for one area of treatment.
- 45 Minutes $80
- 60 Minutes $95
- 75 Minutes $105
- 90 Minutes $125
- 2 Hours $150